Dan Jones’ Ideas For Teachers – Home website is a fantastic site of a Mansfield, OH educator who is passionate about sharing great ideas and creating new resources with teachers. He is a Web Administrator/Middle School Social Studies and English teacher and he has chosen his venue well!
One of my favorite resources on his site is right on his homepage! He has created a Facebook Page Template that can’t be beat! Imagine students working individually or in groups to craft a profile page or Facebook feed for their favorite historical character, scientist, or character in a novel. Not only would they love it, they would be learning so many skills and likely not know it! LOL – Point of view, writing dialogue between characters, and not to mention the deep understand they would need of the character/figure they are using because they would have to write like them and make decisions like them and know about the important milestones in their lives.
Check out the image below to see Dan’s sample idea up close and then visit his TpT store (Teachers pay Teachers) to purchase your own copy for the just right price of $1.00!
- Writing your own textbook isn’t as scary as you think . . . via Doing Social Studies (teachingwithtechk12.com)
- The Algorithm of Education (kathrynleighaz.wordpress.com)
- Keeping Teaching “Cool”: How to Prevent Teacher Burn-Out (mckayschooleducators.wordpress.com)
- Teachers in Flipped Classrooms Use Open Educational Resources and Net Texts to Boost Student Learning and Performance in School and at Home (prweb.com)
- Things you should know before you become a teacher (snagajob.com)
- Successful School Year (frompracticetoparenting.wordpress.com)